The Construction Suppliers Association is a trade association for lumber and building material dealers in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. Among the services provided to the 180 member companies is assistance with safety and transportation compliance. CSA is seeking a Director of Safety and Transportation to improve safety among member companies by helping companies meet loss control, safety and regulatory compliance needs. There may also be occasions where this position is called upon to evaluate safety compliance and culture for prospective insureds for our self‐insured worker’ compensation program.
Major elements of this role include:
1. Serving as a loss prevention officer for Self‐Insured Fund members, which may include accident investigations.
2. Providing consulting expertise to all member companies in the areas of loss control, regulatory compliance safety, and transportation. This may be in‐depth with one company at a time or could be in a workshop with multiple companies present.
3. Monitoring legal, regulatory and code changes that may impact member companies and developing information to communicate such changes as appropriate.
4. Thinking broadly to develop new programs and services that make members’ workplaces safer and more compliant with regulations.
5. Developing enduring materials to be housed on the CSA website that assist members in meeting their safety and transportation compliance requirements.
6. Writing articles about safety issues, regulatory changes and other items of interest for CSA publications.
7. Conducting seminars including the OSHA 10‐hour and 30-hour courses.
CSA is based in south metro Atlanta. This position is approximately 60% travel, including some overnights. While there will
be occasions for the person filling this position to report to the office, those times are rare enough that the position can be located anywhere in CSA’ four-state coverage area.
A bachelor’ degree or equivalent experience is required. A certification in safety is preferred. Ability to teach OSHA classes is a plus. Competitive salary. Excellent benefits. Company vehicle.
Interested applicants can send their resume to CSA’ President, Jim Moody at