Safety & Health Specialist - Corporate Services (Atlanta)
Apply Here: http://southerncompany.jobs/atlanta-ga/safety-health-specialist-corporate-services-atlanta/5C363E0CD9F4460A906B7C28C8802CBC/job/
Safety & Health Specialist (Corporate) – Atlanta
This position will support multiple Georgia Power corporate business units.
Location: Position will be located in Georgia Power's Corporate Office at 241 Ralph McGill Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30308
No relocation benefits will be provided. Successful candidate must live within a 50 mile commute of the work location OR be willing to quickly relocate within a 50 mile commute at his/her own expense.
This position requires frequent travel (including overnight) throughout Southern Company's footprint - Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Northwest Florida.
· Work with management and employees to develop and implement injury avoidance and accident prevention programs that assure compliance with all internal and external safety policies, regulations, and procedures
· Analyze, develop and coordinate training programs assure compliance and improve safety performance
· Support and coordinate of safety initiatives for Southern Company such as Safety Excellence and Southern Lifestyle and Wellness initiatives
· Bachelor's degree is preferred
· Prior experience developing, implementing, and assuring compliance with safety& health policies and procedures as a Safety and Health professional is desired
· Prior experience developing and implementing injury avoidance and accident prevention programs as a Safety and Health professional is desired
· Prior experience and knowledgeable of accident prevention and investigation procedures as a Safety and Health professional is desired.
· Previous experience providing safety & health support to a corporate support organization is preferred
· Previous experience with delivering presentations to large group audiences is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Must be highly motivated and possess strong self-initiative.
· Experience in a leadership role is desired.
· Must possess the ability to work independently and is recognized as catalyst and change agent; willingness to challenge the status quo.
· The successful individual must possess the ability to develop into and be recognized as the subject matter expert in safety and health issues.
· Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees and management
· Ability to interpret safety rules and regulations.
· Must possess good analytical skills.
· Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Power Point and Excel
· Research and analytical skills
· Overnight travel required
· Model "Our Values"
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Must know, understand, and fully embrace Safety Excellence
· Must know, understand and fully embrace Southern LifeStyle and Wellness initiatives
· Previous experience working under or implementing OSHA 1910.269 is a plus
Georgia Power Company has classified this position as "Safety Sensitive" and as such is subject to relevant pre-employment screening(s) to determine fitness for duty. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the applicant successfully completing all required fitness assessments.
Subject to the Georgia Power Company Smoke Free Workplace Policy: You must be free from all tobacco products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew, snuff, patch and/or gum), at least SIX MONTHS prior to applying for this position.
All candidates must submit a resume online (preferred attachment in Word document) and answer a series of questions in order to be considered for this position.
Subject to the Georgia Power Company Smoke Free Workplace Policy: You must be free from all tobacco products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew, snuff, patch and/or gum), at least six months prior to applying for this position.
Georgia Power is an investor-owned, tax-paying utility that serves 2.4 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties. The largest of four electric utilities that make up Southern Company, Georgia Power, has been providing electricity to Georgia for more than a century at rates well below the national average. With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, SouthernLINC Wireless and Southern Telecom. Southern Company also has a growing competitive generation company. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Safety & Health
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Georgia Power Company
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 50 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
Req ID: GPC2005754